Author Topic: Fake letter from e-gold!  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Ivaho

• PONZI Hunter
  • Administrator
  • No idea
    • View Profile
    • hyip monitor
Fake letter from e-gold!
« on: August 06, 2006, 10:55:34 am »
Look out! If you have recently got e-mails from "e-gold" about 'E-gold's Private Key Generator" DON'T INSTALL THIS AT YOUR COMPUTERS, THESE MAILS *ARE NOT FROM E-GOLD* (but from 24.84.218.126). THIS IS PACK OF SWINDLERS!
Please follow our forum rules.
Our main service: Money- monitor

Offline peterchiang

• View Profile
    • HYIPLOOKUP
Re: Fake letter from e-gold!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 07:31:48 am »
You are right. Not just e-gold, I receive paypal email too. Do not believe what the email said. Just delete your email. If you really have a problem with your e-gold account, you will found out by your self and after that you will contact e-gold admin ... not the e-gold contact you. Thats the rules.
PETER
LOOKING FOR HYIPMONITOR - Register to us free and we will Invest with our Money http://www.hyiplookup.com

Offline Ivaho

• PONZI Hunter
  • Administrator
  • No idea
    • View Profile
    • hyip monitor
Odp: Fake letter from e-gold!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 06:56:56 pm »
I am getting these e-mails daily, there is one rule:

paypal, e-gold, moneybookers never request your password by e-mail!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 10:11:03 pm by Ivaho »

Offline peterchiang

• View Profile
    • HYIPLOOKUP
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 05:46:18 pm »
Recently I got email from www.yahoo-email.com and told me to login using my yahoo account. Anybody can verify that this website is same as www.yahoo.com website ? I my self doubt it.
PETER
LOOKING FOR HYIPMONITOR - Register to us free and we will Invest with our Money http://www.hyiplookup.com

Offline Ivaho

• PONZI Hunter
  • Administrator
  • No idea
    • View Profile
    • hyip monitor
Odp: Fake letter from e-gold!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 10:13:57 pm »
Read here:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/spam/spam-28.html

Yahoo! is helping to change how email works to help protect you from email forgery and phishing.

We have developed and implemented DomainKeys, a cryptographic email authentication solution, which proves an email is from a domain. If you see "Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by" (some domain) under the From address, you can be sure the email is really from the claimed domain. It's always a good idea, however, to double-check and make sure a message is from who you think it is (for example, an email from Yahoo! should be from " or "yahoo-email.com", "yahoo.com", or "yahoo-inc.com" and not from a spoof domain like "y9ho00oo.com).

We've also implemented phishing detection to help prevent messages containing known phishing sites from reaching you.

We've also developed a Security Center and an Antispam Center to help teach you about phishing scams and how to avoid them.

Offline sph

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 07:53:44 am »
I got one too from 'e-gold' and I thought it was really from e-gold. So, I filled in my passphrase and few minutes later I lost my $8. The next time I'll be careful not to open anything that's from 'e-gold' or anything similar. Please be careful.

Offline kellybeck

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 01:09:38 pm »
Good thing that you share it cause one of my friend got an e-gold fake letter but i don't know if he notice it already that it is fake .Lately we are so busy on our course of BBA or kauppatieteiden kandidaatti and i am hoping that he forget it for a while and take a look in sometime.