Author Topic: What is a spider in SEO?  (Read 2362 times)

Offline DrummerKing

• View Profile
What is a spider in SEO?
« on: June 14, 2013, 03:17:24 pm »
A spider is a software program that scans the web and follows links throughout the Internet, grabbing content from sites and adding it to search engine databases.
I'm going to play online bingo games

Offline GemmaShaw

• View Profile
Re: What is a spider in SEO?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 10:26:16 am »
It is also known as bot in SEO. It is an automatic program which fulfills the crawling and indexing part.
Visit site for utmost holiday cottages.

Offline AlstonB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 03:08:14 am »
Hi,
Spiders is a program used by many search engines to index web sites. Spiders follow hyperlinks and gather textual and meta information for use in the search engine databases. Spiders may also rate the content being indexed to help the search engine determine relevancy levels to a search.

usability tools

Offline JohannaChistopher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 08:39:15 am »
A spider is also called as Bot in SEO. Spiders are involved in caching, indexing and crawling websites.
Personal health safety consultants for construction fields.

Offline wisely19

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 07:49:28 am »
You're right it is also know as a bot in SEO before i used to be a call center agent at http://www.protone.fi/ i used to do first spider seo and even you are bot it is still effective way of scanning your links.

Offline marie20

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 10:17:52 am »
A spider is a software program that scans the web and follows links throughout the Internet, grabbing content from sites and adding it to search engine databases.

Make sure, your point is right. Spider is just a software program  that is used to crawl website and web pages from anywhere in online.